It’s easy to pick out foods and drinks that aren’t the best for our oral health—cookies, sweets and fizzy drinks are often a no-no when it comes to healthy, happy teeth. But can you name foods that are good for the body and your teeth, too?
Plant-based foods are a great option when it comes to incorporating nutrient-rich foods that are good for yourself (and your teeth).
See if you can add a little flavor and color to your diet with these natural, teeth-friendly foods!
- Cucumber. This crunchy vegetable is great for helping to rid your mouth of unwanted debris. Made of mostly water, cucumbers aren’t especially sweet, either.
- Parsley. Did you know that parsley contains eugenol, which has antiseptic qualities? Make parsley more than just a garnish on your plate.
- Strawberries. High in malic acid, strawberries can provide a subtle whitening effect. Remember to brush after consuming these sweet berries as they’re high in natural sugar, too.
- Carrots. High in nutrients, carrots can aid in the production of saliva, helping to wash away debris left behind after eating. Add more carrots to your diet by tossing them in a soup or salad.
- Onion. You’ll have to get over “onion” breath, as they’re actually a great food for your teeth when it comes to preventing tooth decay.
Do you have a favorite food that’s great for your oral and overall health? Leave a comment to let us know.